Thursday 6 October 2011

Baked salmon with honey mustard pecan crumb

Sometime it is the little things in life that makes us happy.  Like me finding a new yummy dinner recipe that takes only 30 minutes to prepare - perfect for a home cooked meal after a day in the office.  

When things are not too busy at work I like leaving the office early, pop by the supermarket on the way, and arrive home with enough time for me to finish preparing dinner by the time Herr Scherrer gets home.  Sometimes I'm a little later than expected and he chips in with a quick salad.  There's so much happiness in the kitchen!


For dinner earlier this week I tried a lovely recipe for baked salmon fillet: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Alaska-Salmon-Bake-with-Pecan-Crunch-Coating/Detail.aspx.  Its almost the easiest & quickest dinner recipe one could have!  I know its not a dessert recipe but its so fuss-free that I felt I had to help spread word about it. 

I had all the ingredients I needed at home except for the salmon fillets, which I had no problem finding in the supermarket on my way home.  I kept the cooking time short, about 8 to 10 minutes, so as to maintain moisture in the fish.  I didn't ground my pecans too fine so the crumb would still be crispy.  The blend of honey mustard sauce, salmon and ground pecans was unbelievably delicious. Yum!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails